What is a Debit Card?
A debit card is a particular kind of payment card that lets users transact by taking money directly out of their bank accounts. In other words, when you make a transaction with a debit card, money is instantly sent from your account to the merchant’s account. In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), debit cards are widely accepted and can be used for a number of transactions, including shopping, bill payment, and cash withdrawal from ATMs. They offer a simple and safe means to make payments. Hence they are very frequently used for online transactions. In the UAE, debit cards are a common form of payment because they are quick and safe.
Benefits of using a debit card in UAE
- Convenience: Debit cards can be used at ATMs and merchants accepting card payments.
- Access to cash: By using a debit card, you can withdraw cash from ATMs 24/7.
- No interest charges: Debit cards do not have interest charges like credit cards.
- Enhanced security: Using a debit card is more secure than dealing with cash transactions.
- Easy budgeting: Debit cards allow you to easily track your spending and budget.
- Rewards: Some debit cards offer rewards and cashback programs like discounts and offers.
- International use: Debit cards can be used internationally, and the transaction fees are quite lower than those for credit cards.
Get a Debit Card in the UAE
To get a debit card in the UAE
- You must first have a bank account.
- Most banks in the UAE offer debit cards to their customers, so you can simply visit your bank’s website or branch to apply for one.
- You will be required to provide some personal information, such as your name, address, and contact details.
- Must need to present a valid ID, such as your passport or Emirates ID.
- Once your application is approved, your debit card will be sent to you by mail, and card activation will be required to use it.
Banks Offered Debit Cards in the UAE
In the UAE, one can get a debit card from all the major banks listed below:
- Emirates NBD
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- National Bank of Fujairah
- National Bank of Umm Al-Qaiwain.
Contactless Debit Card in UAE
Numerous banks in the UAE also provide contactless debit cards, which enable clients to perform transactions by only holding the card in close proximity to a contactless reader. This is a practical method for purchasing little things, and it’s become more well-liked in the UAE. With the contactless feature, transactions are faster and hassle-free.
In conclusion, a debit card is a popular form of payment in the UAE and offers convenience and security. Debit cards are offered by banks, and you can apply for one by going to a bank office or visiting their website.